[Mailman-Users] Dunivan Realtors List

Larry Stone lstone19 at stonejongleux.com
Thu Jan 14 17:07:09 CET 2010

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010, David Dunivan wrote:

>   Please help.  I just sent out my 1st email marketing flyer through
> LIstserv and I am getting a lot of complaints that their is no
> Unsubscribe Button.  Please advise me on how I can get this done
> immediately to my account.  I did not see this option under the Admin.
> Page.  This is very important.
>
> My account is under lists.dunivanrealtors.com

First, if you sent out a mass email marketing flyer and are getting lots
of complaints, it sounds like you are probably a spammer. A well-managed
mailing list, in general, had only subscribers who have opted-in and
confirmed the opt-in. If people are immediately wanting to unsubscribe, it
does not sound like it was confirmed opt-in.

But if you're not a spammer, you are apparently at the wrong place. This
mailing list is about Mailman. You asked about Listserv(tm) which is a
"competing" mailing list manager.

Now on the chance that you really are asking about Mailman and said
Listserv because you think like way too many people that listserv is just
a generic term for a mailing list manager rather than someone's
trademarked brand name, Mailman just sends on what it is sent. If you want
an unsunscribe button, you need to send your message as HTML and design it
into the HTML. Mailman does send mailing list management headers in each
message (always? or does that need to be turned on? I'm not sure) but that
requires the reader to have an e-mail client that recognizes the headers
and not all do.

Also, this list is about the Mailman software itself. We have no access to
the site running your list. You need to contact your site administrator
about making chnages to your site.

-- Larry Stone
    lstone19 at stonejongleux.com