[Mailman-Users] many "Subscription disabled" messages after movinglist to new server

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jan 13 01:19:11 CET 2010

On 1/12/2010 4:07 PM, Andrew Watson wrote:

> Are the configuration data stored in a readable file? I could go back
> to the old server and find out what bounce options I used there.

If you still have the installation on the old server except for web
access, you can do

  bin/config_list -o - LISTNAME

There are a couple of possibilities. If the old server was Mailman
2.1.5, that release had bounce probes enabled by default. Thus, when an
address bounced, it wasn't disabled immediately, but a VERPed prob was
sent and the address wasn't disabled until the probe bounced. It the MTA
wasn't handling the VERPed return address properly, no-one would ever
get disabled.

It's also possible that bounce_info_stale_after was too short.