[Mailman-Users] How to change configs for ALL lists?

Elaine Ashton Elaine.Ashton at Sun.COM
Tue Jan 12 19:59:57 CET 2010

On Jan 12, 2010, at 1:47 PM, Terri Oda wrote:

> I'm not a big believer in captcha's (advances in tech have made a lot of them trivially easy to in an automated way, making them annoying to users for little gain) but it might be worth thinking about a plug in architecture for this in mm3 in case something better does come up, or so people can enjoy their placebos...

Even if it only serves to annoying and slow down spammers, I'd use it. I noted ~2000 zeusmail.org subs overnight and it concerns me that this is just the opening salvo since this will drive lists which are already closed to subscribers only to moderate traffic even from subscribers which, for sites like ours with 400 or more lists, isn't really practical. Banning the domain and blocking the IP(s) is only a temporary fix.

e.