[Mailman-Users] Removing archives query.

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Jan 9 02:12:17 CET 2010

John Fitzsimons wrote:

>>From looking at the FAQ it appears that one can only remove mailing
>list archives if one has shell access. Is that correct ?
>
>If it is then are there any plans for us CPanel users to be able to
>remove archives in a future Mailman release please ?

It is not strictly necessary to have access to a traditional shell.
cPanel or a hosting provider could provide some kind of control panel
or web service to do this, but those things do not exist in GNU
Mailman as released.

There are going to be more archiving choices in MM3 via a plugin
architecture. We would also like to give list admins more control over
their list's archives. How that will translate into a cPanel package
if at all is beyond our ability to predict.