[Mailman-Users] Archives Index Page Blank

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jan 8 03:45:11 CET 2010

Brian Carpenter wrote:

>I was notified by a client that his archives for his list was not showing
>up. When I investigated, I found out all of his archive index pages are
>blank, i.e. file size 0. He has 13 lists. The server he is on is a shared
>hosting server with other mailman lists (cpanel environment). However this
>issue did not affect any other clients. What in the world could have zeroed
>out his archive index page (index.html) on all of his lists? Any ideas?

Is it only the archives/private/LISTNAME/index.html files that are
null? Is everything else in the archives/private/LISTNAME/ directories
as it should be including the files in
archives/private/LISTNAME/database?

The archives/private/LISTNAME/index.html file is rewritten with every
post and never with no data unless the archtoc.html (or
archtocnombox.html) and arctocentry.html templates are empty.

Is there anything in Mailman's error log?