[Mailman-Users] Mailman < > forum ?

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Fri Jan 1 08:57:20 CET 2010

Adam McGreggor writes:
 > On Fri, Dec 25, 2009 at 11:26:01AM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
 > > Adam McGreggor writes:
 > >  > However, with those caveats, one should be able to use the same
 > >  > *database*, and Joomla/Kunena/Drupal/phpBB2 could all co-exist, in the
 > >  > same database, just using different database table prefixes, e.g.,
 > >
 > > I rather doubt that's what John wants.  I am guessing he wants *one*
 > > user database, *one* message database/archive, etc, etc
 >
 > LDAP FTW :)

LDAP makes great sense for an existing organization that wants to
easily supply data about its members to the Mailman installation, but
AFAIK the existing implementations would not be a good choice for a
general backend, certainly not for the message archive, and probably
not for the user database, either.