[Mailman-Users] How to get back my mailing list?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Feb 26 17:47:55 CET 2010

terra tz wrote:

>The following is my problem:
>I had to move my site to another server in these days, however, I can not
>got my mailing list from the old server. When I try to click "Go to the
>general list information page" - "Visit subsriber list", I always got
>following error message:
>"Bug in Mailman version 2.1.12.cp3
>We're sorry, we hit a bug!
>Please inform the webmaster for this site of this problem. Printing of
>traceback and other system information has been explicitly inhibited, but
>the webmaster can find this information in the Mailman error logs. "
>I can not list the member in htm page.
>I try to find the member information from "config.pck" file, however, the
>file can not be read in Windows.
>Is there any way I can get my mailing list? The mailing list included more
>than 500,000 subscribers.

Since you have the config.pck, if it is not corrupt in some way, you
should be able to 'drop it into' the Mailman installation on the new
server. There may be issues if the new server is not cPanel, but you
may be able to run bin/list_members on one of the servers.

See the cPanel FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/sYA9> and the moving
lists FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/2oA9>.