[Mailman-Users] /var/lib/mailman/archives/private 90% full

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Thu Feb 25 02:32:17 CET 2010

On 2/24/2010 3:27 PM, Sandi Gruver wrote:

> So I go in and manually gzip the<listname>.mbox/<listname>.mbox file, but
> that doesn't stop the growth. Yesterday I read about not gzipping
> the<listname>/2009-December.txt files so turned that off in mailman's
> cron. But ...

The only way to stop an archive from growing is to stop archiving messages.
You could, however, edit the archive mbox to remove old messages and
regenerate the pages. Check out-
http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4030681 and
http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=7602232

You could also move the archives to a bigger file system, but doesn't
eliminate the problem, it just puts it off.

z!