[Mailman-Users] Create new mailinglist from Java programm

Tobias Faulstich tobias.faulstich at tu-dortmund.de
Tue Feb 23 15:25:33 CET 2010

Hello everybody,

I have a question about the possible interfaces from  mailman. We want to
connect our software written in java with our existing mailman server. To be
precisely, we want to create new mailing list with our java program.

So we need some kind of interface to access the mailman. When it's possible,
we don't want to start a  Process p = Runtime.getRuntime().exec to run the
commandline tool from mailman, because in that case we need a separate ssh
tunnel through our firewalls  to our mailman server.

In the Wiki I read about the new REST interface
http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/REST+Interface. Is it  already available or
in development.  If not, is it possible to send a suitable POST request to
the webinterface from mailman to create new mailinglist?

Thanks for your help,

  Kind regards,

   Tobias Faulstich