[Mailman-Users] changing only the web interface url

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Feb 18 17:50:01 CET 2010

leonardo maccari wrote:

>I understand that if I use fix_url it will change both the web interface
>url and the list domain, which is something unwanted.

fix_url changes the lists web_page_url based on DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN and
the provided urlhost argument or DEFAULT_URL_HOST, and it changes the
lists host_name (email domain) to the email host corresponding to the
provided urlhost per the add_virtualhost() mapping or to
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST.

Why is this not what you want?

>So What I think
>I'll do is to make a command.txt file containing:
>
>web_page_url = 'http://lists.newdomain.org'
>
>and run
>
>config_list -i command.txt XXX
>
>this should change the web_page_url variable, right?

Yes, you can do this, and it will work.

>I'm asking to the ML because if I run the config_list -o command I see
>that the web_page_url variable is used but never set and if I run with
>-i -c options it tells me that a "non-standard parameter" has been found
>named web_page_url.

config_list -o only outputs those settings which are visible in the
admin GUI.

config_list -i will set anything you give it, but if you give it a
setting that isn't in the GUI it gives the non-standard parameter
message, but it sets it anyway.