[Mailman-Users] HAVING A CHALLENGE

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Feb 16 17:28:10 CET 2010

MayaOhmMahatma wrote:

>I recently set up a new basic mailing list through my account with Blue
>Host (I have used mailman for several years without a problem).
>
>When I set up the list I sent a "test" message.
>
>And I received the following:
>for your consideration at:
>
>    http://fallrivervalleycvp.org/mailman/admindb/cvp_fallrivervalleycvp.org
>
>Please attend to this at your earliest convenience.  This notice of
>pending requests, if any, will be sent out daily.
>
>Pending posts:
>From: citizenspatrol at fallrivervalleycvp.org on Thu Feb 11 11:15:26 2010
>Subject: test
>Cause: Post by non-member to a members-only list*
>
>I went into administrative control and tried everything I could to get
>rid of this message.  I tried rejecting, accepting, deleting, etc.  I
>even tried signing up the email address as a member.
>
>BUT . . . I continue to get the message saying that my approval to sent
>the message is needed.
>
>It's like when I request an action, the action does not complete.

There appears to be some problem with the admindb web interface for
this list or possibly for all lists on this server. There is a FAQ on
this at <http://wiki.list.org/x/ioA9>, but this is something that will
have to be addressed by Blue Host. You need to contact them.

>Is there something I did wrong in the initial set-up that is causing this?
>
>OR . . . can you delete that one message for me?

I don't think it's anything you did wrong, and there's nothing we at
mailman-users at python.org can do. You need to pursue this with Blue
Host.