[Mailman-Users] Can not add user and confirm pending msg - noerrormessage

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Feb 15 20:40:52 CET 2010

Hans Schou wrote:

>Why does mailman by default insert an URL with http when https
>required?

How does Mailman know what you require?

>And why is it so difficult to change?

I don't think it is difficult to change. The FAQ at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/7oA9> gives the procedure.

>And why does RedHat
>not handle this during the installation?

You'd have to ask RedHat for that.

>For the record, here is what I did:
>
>cd /var/lib/mailman/lists/mailman/
>
>dumpdb config.pck | grep http | sed -re
>"s/^ *'([^']+)': 'http([^,]+),$/\1 = 'https\2/" > web_page_url.new.txt
>
>config_list -i web_page_url.new.txt mailman

The "correct" way to fix this is described in steps 2 and 3 in the
above referenced FAQ. Note that if you haven't changed
DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN in mm_cfg.py per step 2 of the FAQ, you will have
the same issue with every new list.