[Mailman-Users] Membership administration

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Feb 13 16:37:25 CET 2010

N dhert wrote:

>Is there a way in mailman to disallow subscribing via the webpage, so that
>subscriptions can be done by the list administrator?
>I looked arround in the options of the mailman administrators webpage, but
>seems I can't find it...

Set Privacy options... -> Subscription rules -> subscribe_policy to
"Require approval".

This doesn't disable requests from the listinfo page, but it does hold
any such requests for approval by the admin or moderator.

You can also follow the "Edit the public HTML pages and text files"
link and edit the "General list information page" to remove the
subscribe form, but this won't prevent people's requesting
subscription by email.