[Mailman-Users] List archives via email

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Feb 13 16:30:35 CET 2010

Tammy George wrote:

>I've searched FAQs, how-to's, etc but couldn't find an anything
>referencing this - is it possible to request a list's archives to be
>sent via email?  For example, new employee needs copies of all emails
>that have been sent to a specific list.  I thought I had done it before
>but can't find any info on it.

The list's *nix mbox format archive can be downloaded. Depending on the
site's setting of PUBLIC_MBOX, there may be a link to this on the
list's archive table of contents page. Even if there is no link, it
can be retrieved by going to the private archive URL of the form

http://www.example.com/mailman/private/LISTNAME

and authenticating and then going to a URL of the form

http://www.example.com/mailman/private/LISTNAME.mbox/LISTNAME.mbox

This mbox file can be imported or directly opened as a folder in many
mail clients.

This might satisfy your need, but Mailman has no facility to request
archived messages or archives be sent via email.