[Mailman-Users] Hello! Req: Mailing List Issue : Plz Help About This

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Feb 11 17:06:06 CET 2010

"_!!!_ DesiAmie _!!!_" wrote:

>*Sir  i m sending emails to yahoogroups through (Mail Man) mailing list
>.. but my emails are not show or not delivered on some yahoogroups
>domain (like yahoogroups.com) page ... according to my observation if i
>add more than 10 yahoogroups in my mailing list so my email is not
>delivered to specially  (yahoogroups.com) domain  ... and if i add less
>than 10 yahoogrops in my mailing list so my emails is  delivered to all
>yahoogroups (like yahoogroups.com, yahoogroups.com.ca,
>yahoogroups.com.mx) included (yahoogroups.com) domain  ...

I suspect that this is a Yahoo groups feature that prevents
cross-posting to more than 10 groups.

Whether or not anything can be done in Mailman to work around this
depends on what Yahoo is doing.

If Yahoo is basing their decision solely on the RCPTs of a single
message, you might be able to work around this by enabling VERP in
Mailman or setting SMTP_MAX_RCPTS to something less than 10.

On the other hand, if when there are more than 10 Yahoo groups
recipients, up to 10 accept the post and the rest do not, I suspect
the filtering depends on Message-ID and since all deliveries of a post
from Mailman have the same original Message-ID, there's nothing much
you could do.

Why are you using a Mailman list to post to multiple Yahoo groups
anyway?