[Mailman-Users] .htaccess protection of archives

Phil Ewels phil at tallphil.co.uk
Tue Feb 9 16:23:27 CET 2010

I'd like to avoid using the standard private archives because that would
require users to log in a second time, with a second username and
password. I'm attempting to hide everything behind a single .htaccess wall.

The other reason is that the users are currently being signed up by an
automated script, which does it silently, so they are not getting any
welcome messages and will not know what their subscription password is.

I'll have a go using ?password=PASSWORD and see where I get to...

Cheers,

Phil