[Mailman-Users] Help?

Scott Steinhart ssteinhart at verizon.net
Fri Feb 5 10:10:11 CET 2010

Hello...

I was wondering if you would be so kind as to help me, I've been trying
for 2 weeks straight to get Mailman working on my system. The only thing
I've accomplished is headaches. I know the system works, as I have seen
it in use. But no matter how I try, I am unable to get it to work.

I'm running CentOS 5.2, Postfix, and Apache 2, and the current version
of Python.  I've followed the installation instructions. On some
instances, I've gotten Mailman to go so far as to send me confirmation
emails when i create mail lists and subscribe. But I am unable to post.
Postfix shows relay errors constantly.

My biggest issue is no matter what I do, I can't seem to get Mailman to
create the "virtual-mailman" file. I've tried installing using the
tarball file and I've tried using Yum. I want to use Mailman for my
son's boy scout troop. I was told it's easy to set up. While I am no
expert in using Linux, I do well enough, so I figured this would be a
pretty clean install. Sadly, I've just had no luck.

Please please please-- any help you can offer would be GREATLY appreciated.

Best Regards,
Scott Steinhart