[Mailman-Users] Moving a list from one domain to another

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Tue Feb 2 23:57:39 CET 2010

Hello,

I realise this is probably a FAQ, but I couldn't find anything specificly
about this in the FAQ.

I need to move a list from one domain to another.  The domains are both
hosted on the same machine so there's no need to *physically* move
anything.

I figure I don't need to worry about the multiple domain restrictions, as
I don't expect there to be name clashes (I admin all the lists and the
server).

I figure I have to change the host in the list configuration, and also add
the new domain to mm_cfg.py.  Apart from running bin/fix_url.py, do I need
to do anything else?  Can I run gen_aliases to fix the aliases (using
Postfix) or is it better to change them by hand?

Cheers,
Geoff.