[Mailman-Users] Password // URL in Notification Emails

Carlos Williams carloswill at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 14:33:41 CET 2010

Every month I get an email from MailMan list's I am currently
subscribed to & in this email there is a field that shows as follows:

List                                     Password // URL
staff at mydomain.tld                      vipidimi
https://mail.mydomain.tld/mailman/options/ctia/carlos%40mydomain.tld

Can someone tell me if there is a way to disable the plain text email
of passwords via the MailMan system? I don't think those passwords are
for 'Administrative' login sessions of lists so I really don't
understand their purpose. Can anyone tell me what they are used for
and how can I disable them from the reminder email?

Thanks for any help!