[Mailman-Users] Not sending to list members

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Dec 31 18:44:07 CET 2010

certuspersonality wrote:

>I have sent a email message to an email list of which I am the
>administrator and also on the member list, received the email
>requesting approval for publication, gave that approval, and then the
>email message was sent to me (info at certuspersonality.com) as the
>original supplier of the message, the number of times that equals the
>number of members in the email list. It did not go to the list
>members (except for me).
>
>Which setting do I probably have wrong in Mailman?

It doesn't seem to me that this is a Mailman issue. My best guess based
on the limited information is there is some issue with your MTA and/or
DNS configuration. It seems that mailman sent the message to the list
members, but the MTA couldn't deliver it so it bounced or forwarded
those undeliverable messages back to you.

To say anything more, we'd need to see Mailman's 'smtp', 'smtp-failure'
and 'bounce' logs, and the MTA's logs showing what it did with those
messages.