[Mailman-Users] Custom E-Mail-Command vs no Confirmation or Approval

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Dec 30 19:26:27 CET 2010

mm at mblessenohl.de wrote:

>Can deactivate ANY confirmation and approval emails for email commands
>authorized by the site administrator password? How?

This would require source code modification. probably several of the
Mailman/Commands/cmd_* modules would require modification. Also,
Mailman/Queue/CommandRunner.py would need to be modified to at least
determine if site password authentication was present and set some
attribute in the Results class instance to so indicate to the command
modules and not send the results.

>Is there an elegant update-proof solution? I need that especially for
>subscription and unsubscription.

Use command line tools. If this must be done by email, create your own
email command processing module invoked by an email alias that would
pipe your command email to your module for processing.