[Mailman-Users] Changing Default Options for New Lists

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Dec 27 22:08:59 CET 2010

Fred Atkinson, WB4AEJ wrote:

>	I want to simplify list creation for new moderators.  I have a
>desired way by which these lists are to be set up and I want them to
>be created with these options when a new list is created rather than
>the way they are configured now.
>
>	I haven't been able to figure out how to do this.  Does anyone have
>any suggestions for me?

Many list settings have default values which can be set in mm_cfg.py.
See these settings and their documentation in Defaults.py. I think the
names of these settings all begin with DEFAULT_.

Alternatively, you can take the output from bin/config_list -o for a
list with the desired setup and edit out all the list specific stuff
such as real_name, owner, moderator, description, subject_prefix, etc.
and then run bin/config_list -i with that file as input for newly
created lists.