[Mailman-Users] Duplicate Emails to Members of Two Lists

David Cunningham davec at mecnet.net
Mon Dec 20 19:14:53 CET 2010

Hi All,

I have a problem where users are listed on two separate lists, then
the same email is sent to both lists, and they get two copies.

For example, joe at test.com is on lists test1 at lists.test.com and
test2 at lists.test.com.  Dan at test.com sends an email to both
test1 at lists.test.com and test2 at lists.test.com.  So, joe at test.com get's
two copies of the same email, one from each list.

I know that the "nodupes" feature is only designed to stop duplicates
in the event that a user is specifically defined in the email.  For
example, it works great when dan at test.com sends an email to
test1 at lists.test.com and CCs joe at test.com directly.  Joe at test.com only
gets one copy.

But, I have users insisting that before I upgrade to the latest
version of Mailman, this also worked when users were on multiple lists.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Dave