[Mailman-Users] Mailman list sends but doesn't receive mail.

JRC Groups joemailgroups at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 07:01:05 CET 2010

Hi, Mark.

On 12/12/10 8:59 AM, "Mark Sapiro" <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:

> I don't know. Please post the entire contents of your mm_cfg.py. The
> above errors indicate that there is no add_virtualhost() for
> www.domain.com, but this is not consistent with other things you
> observe.

Here it is:

# Put YOUR site-specific settings below this line.
MTA = 'Postfix'
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'dentserv.main.private'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'dentserv.main.private'
VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear()
POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['3wforum.com']
VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW = Off

As I copied the contents to paste them here I noticed that I had made a
mistake. On the last entry I had "VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW - Off" instead of
"VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW = Off". Once I corrected this entry I was able to
have all lists displayed in the listinfo window.

Now that I am able to view all lists displayed together in the same listinfo
window I also noticed that the title to the listinfo page reads
"dentserv.main.private Mailing Lists". In looking back at the mm_cfg.py file
contents I noticed that something had been modified after I made the
revisions you had suggested. The following entries were:

DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'dentserv.main.private'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'dentserv.main.private'

This is the name of my server and not the domain names as I had previously
entered. So I proceeded to make the changes as you had previously suggested.

DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'domain.com'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'www.domain.com'

After these changes I was finally able to have the lists displayed in the
listinfo window. I also noticed that the title above now reads
"www.domain.com Mailing Lists". The titles is the same independent of
"domain.com/mailman/listinfo".

After that I also made an attempt to create a new list from the web
interface using "www.domain.com/mailman/create" and this time it worked fine
without any error messages.

I am left with a question: Why were the two lines above changed from the
domain names I had entered following your suggestion to the name of the
server ? Do you think it has something to do with my server settings or do
you think it may be related with Apple's implementation of Mailman ?

Thank you again for your help.

Joe