[Mailman-Users] How to send messages out to only a portion of the members?

Alan McConnell alan at patriot.net
Fri Dec 10 14:52:42 CET 2010

Assembled Wisdom!

First of all, a note of thanks to Mark Sapiro for his wonderful
command of the mailman SW, _and_ for his great replies.  Only
those who have read messages on other lists by other experts can
appreciate how elegantly and enlightenlingly Mr Sapiro formulates
his answers.

That duty done, to my question:  I should like to be able to
send messages to a selected partion of a membership and automate
this procedure if possible.  Example: to send members whose
dues elapse in month N a reminder in month N - 1.   I am thinking:
a database of members, paralleling the one kept by mailman, but
with e.g. subscription information kept in it.

How can this be achieved in mailman?

TIA for anticipated help.

Alan McConnell, in Silver Spring MD

--
Alan McConnell :  http://patriot.net/users/alan
      A man may be in as just possession of truth as of a city,