[Mailman-Users] Mailman list sends but doesn't receive mail.

JRC Groups joemailgroups at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 07:47:47 CET 2010

Mark,

Again, I can't thank you enough. The list(s) are up and running. I wouldn't
have been able to get it to work had it not been for your help.

I also want to thank those who responded either through the list or
privately with helpful answers to my Unix-related questions. Your answers
have helped me find my way around Unix and motivated me to further improve
my understanding of it.

There are a few things I still need to tweak and I thought I would ask you a
few additional questions. I hope you don't mind.

Question 1.

I have created two additional lists for a total of three that I created plus
one that Apple's own Server Admin requires (a list named Mailman). Using the
web interface to check the lists hosted by my domain I find conflicting
results. This is what I have:

List                        Description
List 1                      [no description available]
List 2                      [no description available]

List                        Description
List 3                      [no description available]
List 4                      [no description available]

Shouldn't both www.domain.com and domain.com lead to the same results ? How
can I make the necessary corrections so that both addresses are
interchangeable and lead to the same results ?

Question 2.

As I made an attempt to create lists using the Mailman's web interface
instead of Apple's Server Admin I couldn't get it done. Mailman kept
returning an error message stating I didn't have permission to create lists.
I tried numerous different passwords including the admin password for my
server but it wouldn't work.

What have I done wrong ?

Thank you again for all your help.

Joe