[Mailman-Users] DEFAULT_GENERIC_NONMEMBER_ACTION not working

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Dec 9 16:38:34 CET 2010

Roger D. Leonard wrote:

>I recently set up a mailman server for internal use and as list owner I am getting confirmation emails for every posting even though I set DEFAULT_GENERIC_NONMEMBER_ACTION = 0 in all the lists and restarted mailman.

DEFAULT_GENERIC_NONMEMBER_ACTION is the default setting for newly
created lists. Changing it has no effect on any existing list.

Go to the web admin interface Privacy options... -> Sender filters and
set generic_nonmember_action to Accept or use bin/config_list to set

generic_nonmember_action = 0

for the list.