[Mailman-Users] Trying again from the start -- Re: Help in understandingMailmansetup

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Dec 6 22:05:57 CET 2010

On 12/06/2010 03:34 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>
>> <VirtualHost *:80>
>>
>>     ServerName mailman
>>
>> #
>> #  httpd configuration settings for use with mailman.
>> #
>>
>> ScriptAlias mailman.htt-consult.com/mailman/ /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/
>>

> I am not an expert on named virtual hosts, but I think the above should
> be
>
> ScriptAlias /mailman/ /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/

This does not work either.  I am fairly sure that I had it wtih the full
virtual host URL last time.  Somewhere you HAVE to provide the URL
name.  Hmmmm....

Looking again at Squirrelmail, I see it uses ServerAlias, not
ScriptAlias.  But changing this and reloading httpd does not make any
difference.

I also tried making the ServerName the full fqdn, but then I got the
Apache test page.  So that is not the answer either.  It is frustrating
because this part I HAD working.