[Mailman-Users] Self Subscription Failing

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Dec 3 19:09:43 CET 2010

Troy Knabe wrote:

>When I send to listname-join I see an entry in the subscribe log for
>listname: pending emailaddress, but the user never receives the confirmation
>email.
>
>Dec  3 07:57:42 mx2 sendmail[22248]: oB3Fve9T022246:
>to="|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman join foo",
>ctladdr=<foo-join at domain.com> (47/0), delay=00:00:01, xdelay=00:00:00,
>mailer=prog, pri=3327, dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent

The above log message is the delivery to Mailman of the original mail
to foo-join at domain.com. We know that that succeeded because there is
now a pending subscription waiting for confirmation per the subscribe
log. This log entry is written immediately after sending the
confirmation request email.

So, what's in the sendmail (or other outgoing MTA) log for that
confirmation request message from Mailman?