[Mailman-Users] My first post, problems with a mailman list url

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Aug 30 22:22:39 CEST 2010

marcos gonzalez wrote:

>Im a administrator that mounted a mailman list inside my mail server, and I
>discovered and strange problem with a list. My urls are good but not for all
>lists, If I go to the pending request page, when I mark "submit al data"
>button the url link redirects to a bad domain. To understand me:
>
>http://mail.domain.com/cgi-bin/mailman/admindb/list
>
>and checking I pass to
>
>http://domain.com/cgi-bin/mailman/admindb/list
>
>Anyone had similar problem? How I can repair ?

Put the following in mm_cfg.py

DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'mail.domain.com'  (or whatever the web domain is)
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'domain.com'     (or whatever the email domain is)
VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear()                 (optional to remove Defaults.py
                                       add_virtualhost())

Then run Mailman's

  bin/withlist -l -a -r fix_url

Search the FAQ at
<http://wiki.list.org/display/DOC/Frequently+Asked+Questions> for
"fix_url" to see much more.

Note that if the bad lists were created with

  bin/newlist LIST at domain.com

this is wrong. This notation is deprecated and counterintuitive and
should not be used. See

  bin/newlist --help