[Mailman-Users] postfix-to-mailman.py and local_recipient_tables

Florian Effenberger floeff at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 18:53:44 CEST 2010

Hi,

I run Mailman and Postfix together using postfix-to-mailman.py, and it
worked without any problems. All of a sudden, Mailman lists could not
be reached anymore with an "User unknown" code. After lots of digging
into the problem, adding

local_recipient_tables =

to my main.cf solved the problem. It looks like that Postfix is not
able to determine valid mailing list recipients. I'd like to avoid
setting local_recipient_tables to null, as it has some drawbacks.
Anyone has an idea on where the problem lies?

Thanks,
Florian