[Mailman-Users] new server not archiving messages

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Aug 14 01:47:15 CEST 2010

a.smith at ukgrid.net wrote:

>Ok thanks. Id had a look in the logs before but not close enough. It
>was odd it had created some directories under archives but not the
>mbox ones. When I manually created these it has started logging the
>messages as expected...

When Mailman creates a list, it creates the
archives/private/LISTNAME.mbox/ directory, and archiving expects it to
exist.

So if you move lists from another server by moving the lists/LISTNAME/
directory, but don't move the archives/private/LISTNAME*/ directories,
you have to manually create the archives/private/LISTNAME.mbox/
directory.