[Mailman-Users] new server not archiving messages

a.smith at ukgrid.net a.smith at ukgrid.net
Fri Aug 13 15:52:51 CEST 2010

Hi,

   Ive just installed Mailman 2.1.12 to a new FreeBSD 8.1 server. I
have copied across the contents of the lists directory from an
existing server that I want to copy. When tested the server works, in
so much as recieving mails and forward to list members but no data is
stored in the archive directory. Ive checked the Defaults.py (I am
using the default settings, which are identical to my old working
server) and auto archive is on and everything looks setup to work.
Ive had a search for similar issues and didnt really find anything
helpful. One person said they´d had to log in via the GUI to every
list and make some change and then save the config and then it started
working.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could cause this, or how
to trouble shoot the issue further?

thanks in advance! Andy.