[Mailman-Users] "Own" files in .../mailman/lists ?

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Thu Aug 12 16:01:28 CEST 2010

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 10:05:32AM +0200, Frank Elsner wrote:
> for various reasons I need to save some information about a list in a file
> (besides the .pck file) for easy access. Will it affect mailman operation if
> I place this file (e.g. list.info) in .../mailman/lists directory?
> Or should I use a different location?

Not really knowing how other MTAs work with Mailman, if you were to be
doing that in Exim, with a router that uses a /path/to/mailman/lists
directory, you may be in for some odd behaviour/mail-routing woes.

I'd shove stuff elsewhere on the filesystem, but YMMV.

--
"Minister if you are going to promote women just because they're the
 best person for the job you're going to provoke a lot of resentment