[Mailman-Users] Problem with inappropriate breaks in messages

Barry Finkel b19141 at anl.gov
Wed Apr 21 18:28:25 CEST 2010

Mark Sapiro wrote:

>That said, I suspect the underlying OS here is Debian/Ubuntu and
>Mailman is the Debian/Ubuntu package which has patches in this area
>which are causing this.

As I have written on this forum before, the Debian/Ubuntu package
for Mailman has a large number of patches.  One I know is definitely
wrong.  Most of the others had no documentation, so I could not
determine what the patch was doing.  For three security patches,
two matched the SourceForge source, and one did not.  As I could not
determine exactly what I would be running, I decided to build my
own Mailman package from the SourceForge source.  The only patch
I kept was one that places file in proper libraries for Ubuntu/Debian.
I can provide details for anyone who is interested.
Barry S. Finkel
Building 240, Room 5.B.8             Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov