[Mailman-Users] sending a newsletter in HTML code format?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Apr 19 02:16:56 CEST 2010

Dawn Gangi wrote:

>When using mailman to send out a newsletter how does one submit the
>newletter in HTML code format to be mailed: do you upload the file in HTML
>code format from directly within mailman and if so I can't find where and
>how to do this??  I was told that I should send the file in HTML code format
>from my outlook e-mail to an administrator e-mail that we had assigned and
>then I go into mailman and accept it. The only problem is that if I send it
>form outlook in html code format how does the file get uploaded to not
>display the codes?? Thx, Dawn

See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/3YA9> for advice on setting up a
newsletter type list.

For your question, as long as the list's content filtering is turned
off, you can just email your newsletter to the list posting address
the same as if you were mailing it individually.

If your concern is that when you go to the admindb interface to approve
the message, you see what looks like raw HTML in the message body,
that is just the way it is rendered in the admindb interface. When you
accept it, it will be delivered just as if you had sent it directly to
the recipients.