[Mailman-Users] Hooking to listen for new mails?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Apr 9 16:50:01 CEST 2010

Bibek Shrestha wrote:

>How can a 3rd party application listen to new incoming mails in mailman?
>Can this be done?
>
>Right now, I'm more thinking into adding a route in our local exim but
>a direct integration with mailman would be better.
>Has anything as such been done?

It depends whether you want *all* mail to mailman or just list posts.
If you want all mail including mail to -bounces, -owner -request,
-subscribe, etc., I think doing it in your exim router is the best
option.

If you want only mail to list posting addresses, you can do it easily
in Mailman with a custom handler. See the FAQ at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/l4A9>.

If this is an archiving application, see the Defaults.py/mm_cfg.py
settings PUBLIC_EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER and PRIVATE_EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER and
the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/RAKJ>.