[Mailman-Users] no list info in cc

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Apr 8 18:28:41 CEST 2010

Dan Young wrote:

>I have mailman set up so we can send our group newsletters.
>The users should never post, just receive info from us.
>I have it set so they are shown in the To: and my e-mail (sender)
>is the From:. But mailman is putting the list address in the cc .
>Is there anyway to alter mailman so it does not include the list address
>anywhere (bouces or whatever). I want it to appear like I just sent it
>directly to them. All is great except the cc.

That depends on what you mean by alter. If you mean configuration
setting, then no. If you mean by patching source code, then yes, you
can patch Mailman/Handlers/CookHeaders.py to not add the list address
to Cc: for fully personalized lists.

You can also change or omit the Sender: and Errors-To: headers in
Mailman/Handlers/SMTPDirect.py, See the FAQ at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/RoA9>.

Note that you can also change the actual envelope sender, but if you
do, automated bounce processing will not work.