[Mailman-Users] Mailman Approved: header

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Apr 8 02:09:45 CEST 2010

Dag Wieers wrote:

>  - Make Mailman accept X-Approved: as well as Approved: headers.
>
>To be honest, I see a benefit in both solutions and my preference would be
>to accept each of these modifications in both svn-mailer and Mailman.
>
>For myself, I patched svn-mailer to not prepend "X-", but I prefer a
>solution that is accepted by upstream for others.

It appears that while the Approved: header is standard in Usenet for
posting to moderated groups, it's use for email and email lists has
never been standardized (RFC 2076, Sec 3.4). Thus, your point is well
taken. I will change Mailman to accept X-Approved:. It would help our
bookkeeping if you would file a bug report at
http://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman.