[Mailman-Users] Mailman : too fast when small ressources, how to make it slower

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Sep 24 21:22:03 CEST 2009

Kevin wrote:

>it there a way to configure mailman to send emails to a list slower than
>normal ?

Only by modifying the code in Mailman/Handlers/SMTPDirect.py

>I was thinking of sending mails per packets, for example 100 by 100, in
>a predifined period of time, but I haven't found how to configure
>mailman for that ...

The only control is SMTP_MAX_RCPTS which sets the maximum number of
recipients in one transaction or the VERP options which will result in
one recipient per transaction, but there is no control over how fast
Mailman generates messages to the MTA unless you build a delay into
the code.