[Mailman-Users] more info

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Thu Sep 24 21:20:08 CEST 2009

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 12:01:59PM -0700, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> ivan messina wrote:
> >I need to set a form, and the subriscriers will receive the mail in
> >the order I decide (like a sequential autoresponder), so everyone will
> >receive soon the mail N°1, two days after the registration the mail N°
> >2 and so on.
>
> Mailman doesn't do this.

However, with a bit of $scripting_language and the subscribe log (or,
indeed, making the back-end of your form stash to a database), it
shouldn't be too difficult to work out who's joined the list when, and
then to send a mail to their email address directly. Script + messages
to mail + Cron, bingo.

Natch, that assumes (a) competence to script, (b) access to the logs,
(c) ability to run script, (d) space to store (or fetch) the mail
messages, (e) ability to create cronjobs.

--
``Who's Whom -- a sort of Who's Who for pedants.''
  (Marcus Brigstocke, from `The 99p Challenge')