[Mailman-Users] Constant moderation required when user sends to list + CCs

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Tue Sep 15 20:51:57 CEST 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 01:52:55AM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> That's exactly the intended behavior.  It's a somewhat antiquated
> anti-spam measure.  And Mailman is not an MTA, so its knowledge of the
> RCPT TO list is limited to the single address it is "listening" to.
>
>  > This is an older version 2.1.5 of mailman. Is there anything I can do to
>  > remedy this?
>
> Privacy Options->Recipient Filters->max_num_recipients

I was going to suggest "user education" may be an appropriate course
of action. It still may be.

(In the past, I had a list-member who would persistently mail the list
and a bundle of cc'd addresses. Despite my mails to her, she carried
on. Until a foul-mood day caught on, and I added her to the
ban/reject-list... amazing what drastic action can sometimes do.)

--
``She always rode home from boozy lunches fantastically over the limit;
  her only precaution was to suck a creosote cough lozenge, lest she