[Mailman-Users] Constant moderation required when user sends to list + CCs

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Sep 15 18:52:55 CEST 2009

Steve Campbell writes:

 > It's as though the list is using the headers with all of the
 > recipients for delivery instead of what it actually receives to
 > process.

That's exactly the intended behavior.  It's a somewhat antiquated
anti-spam measure.  And Mailman is not an MTA, so its knowledge of the
RCPT TO list is limited to the single address it is "listening" to.

 > This is an older version 2.1.5 of mailman. Is there anything I can do to
 > remedy this?

Privacy Options->Recipient Filters->max_num_recipients

should be what you're looking for.  0 disables the check entirely, or
you can raise the limit to whatever you think reasonable.  (I'm
looking at Mailman 2.1.9, but I'm sure I remember this from the 2.1.5
we had until recently.)