[Mailman-Users] Microsoft Outlook and footer/signature"attachments"

Kirke Johnson kjohnson at pcc.edu
Fri Sep 11 18:44:50 CEST 2009

I am fighting a variation of this right now. We have several
automated lists from which members can not remove themselves. Due to
complaints about subscription headers that would not work, I removed
them. The only way I found to do that was by turning off
include_rfc2369_headers.

Unfortunately that also removed the List ID header. I had complaints
that the purpose of the list, such as "Official college
announcements", was not prominent in the message - even though it
appears in the message footer. So I faked it by using a message body header.

This led us into the "Outlook displaying the body of the message as
an attachment" morass. I have not figured out how to resolve these
conflicting desires just yet.....