[Mailman-Users] Small list for club

Grant Taylor gtaylor at riverviewtech.net
Fri Sep 11 18:30:30 CEST 2009

On 09/11/09 10:45, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> Even though I have a static address, my ISP won't give me a reverse DNS,
> so it can be a problem with any residential broadband service.  Still
> it's very rare that I get such rejections these days (RedHat was one
> culprit, but they whitelisted me).

Even if they are rare, you will still have problems like that.

You could run your own mail server at your house and use your ISP's mail
server as a smart host and get past the rejections because of your
dynamic IP.

It now sounds like you already have a mail server at your house (and
likely versed in some of the problems that can pose) and all you are
considering adding is Mailman.  If this is the case, I'd suggest giving
Mailman a try.  Conversely if you are talking about setting up a new
mail server just to run Mailman, I'd suggest looking in to a hosted
service.  (I think setting up a new mail server just for a mailing list
is a bit of a steep curve.)

Grant. . . .