[Mailman-Users] Test mesages

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Fri Sep 11 00:31:54 CEST 2009

(This discussion probably belongs on mailman-developers.  Apologies
for jumping in the middle and maybe getting the context wrong.)

On Sep 10, 2009, at 6:04 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> LuKreme
>>
>> The trouble with this suggestion (and others) is that all it does is
>> stop the messages once it gets to the list. What I want to see is the
>> 'full loop' of the message as I send it, and as it gets sent back
>> to me.
>
> Which by definition you can't strictly do because you have to alter
> the
> outgoing process in some way to remove the other recipients so you are
> not testing the original process.

I think you can get close though.  A test message could go through the
entire process but just fake the RCPT TO to deliver to the test
recipient.

That said, we use a test list on python.org and it works well.

-Barry