[Mailman-Users] Disabling mailman/create Web Page

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Fri Sep 4 16:22:18 CEST 2009

On Fri, Sep 04, 2009 at 09:02:58AM -0500, Barry Finkel wrote:
>      mailman/create
>
> As I do not use that web page to create a new Mailman list, I want to
> disable that page.  Is there an easy way to do it in Mailman, or do I

By default, I don't ScriptAlias it ('create') in the first place.

    <Location /mailman/create>
        Deny from all
    </Location>

in the appropriate httpd config (or something like that) should do the
job, if you don't want over-the-web list-creation.

(invariably, i just switch screen(1) to the appropriate machine and
run newlist to handle list-creation.)

--
``There is a providence that protects idiots, drunkards,
  children and the United States of America.'' (Otto von Bismarck)