[Mailman-Users] router/aliasing problems with exim4?

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Wed Sep 2 01:43:29 CEST 2009

On Tue, Sep 01, 2009 at 02:32:56PM -0700, Andrei wrote:
> I have a problem sending emails to and from mailman lists. I think the
> problem is with the router setting, or perhaps with mailman not
> creating aliases for the lists.

Aliases (for lists) aren't always needed.

> Mailman is installed and its website loads fine. I can manage, add
> lists, and do other admin tasks
> However, when I try to send an email to test at lists.host.org I get an error.
> If I send an email to user at lists.hosts.org email works fine. I can
> send and receive emails as a user, but not as a list.

what are the dns records (particularly mx records) against
"lists.host.org".

> Is there a log that I can use/monitor to trouble shoot this?

your exim logs, and your mailman logs may be a good starting point.

> This is my router setting:
>
> begin routers
>
>   mailman_router:
>     driver = accept
>     domains = +mm_domains
>     require_files = MM_LISTCHK
>     local_part_suffix_optional
>     local_part_suffix = -admin     : \
>  -bounces   : -bounces+* : \
>                         -confirm   : -confirm+* : \
>  -join      : -leave     : \
>  -owner    : -request   : \
>  -subscribe : -unsubscribe
>     transport = mailman_transport

is there a transport set-up too?

Have you defined mm_domains and MM_LISTCHK?

--
``DO YOU HAVE A PARTNER?
  By partner we mean someone you habitually lie to, apart from us.''