[Mailman-Users] Postfix-To-Mailman.py

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Sep 2 01:33:31 CEST 2009

Jeff Grossman wrote:

>I am using the
>postfix-to-mailman.py script to automatically create the virtual mapping
>in Postfix.  All of my lists are working perfectly, except mail to
>postmaster or abuse for that virtual domain is getting rejected with the
>following error:
>

>Sep  1 16:13:57 corp2 postfix/smtpd[25764]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from
>corp1.turners.com[192.168.168.229]: 550 5.1.1
><postmaster at lists.turners.com>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown
>in relay recipient table

That's the problem with postfix_to_mailman.py. It is designed for a
situation where every address in the domain is a list.

I'm not sure if you can add a virtual_alias mapping from e.g.
postmaster at lists.turners.com to postmaster (assuming postmaster is a
locally deliverable address) that will take priority over the
transport mapping for the domain. If that doesn't work, you can always
create abuse and postmaster mailman lists.