[Mailman-Users] Mass subscribe blunder

Jeffrey Goldberg jeffrey at goldmark.org
Tue Sep 1 21:51:45 CEST 2009

This is more of a list management question than a Mailman question,
but I need your collective wisdom

I just did a mass Subscribe (288 address) for a list where I had
intended to do a mass Invite.

The addresses come from a sign up sheet specifically for this list,
but the combination of some not very legible addresses along with the
potential for typos (I typed them all in) mean that will almost
certainly be a handful of addresses subscribed that have no interest
in the Wilson Middle School PTA Newsletter (Plano, TX).

Obviously this was a situation where an Invite was what was needed.  I
had just overlooked the radio button for this.

I'm hopeful that I will be able to explain and apologize to anyone who
complains to me, but I fear that I won't have that opportunity and
will get blocked by the likes of AoL right off the bat.

Any advice is welcome.

-j